Ahhh glorious oats, where would I be without you? They provide so many health benefits and are great with keeping me fully focused and energized. This morning, why not push the old bowl of cereal and milk aside and do yourself a favor. Your body will thank and love you 🙂
PBB&J Baked Oatmeal
Yes there is an extra B, and that would be for Banana
Recipe slightly adapted from The Oatmeal Artist
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 a ripe banana (sliced and microwaved for 30 seconds)
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup almond milk
– 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
– 2-3 tsp jelly/jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a single-serving 8 oz ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mash up a ripe banana microwaved banana. Add almond milk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and stir together.
4. Add dry ingredients to mix ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Add any extra ingredients at this time if desired (nuts, fruit, raisins, coconut butter, etc.)
6. Pour into the prepared ramekin. Then, take the jelly/jam and carefully swirl it into the oatmeal. (You could simply stir it in during the 3rd or 4th step, but this way helps us eat with our eyes first 😉 )
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
So warm, filling, and full of nutty sweet flavor ❤
What’s your favorite kind of breakfast?