Omelets are always good to me at any part of the day: breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s an easy meal that allows you to use anything you have on hand and only takes minutes to whip up and cook.
My omelets are hardly ever the same: I love experimenting with different flavor combinations each time to see what I come up with. That’s the fun of cooking: there are never any rules. Just start throwing things together and if your kitchen looks like a wreck but your dish looks beautiful, you know you did something good 😉
Anytime Veggie Omelet
– 1 whole egg and 1 egg white
– Dash of water
– 1/4 teaspoon seasoning of choice (I use essence seasoning)
– Handful of sautéed veggies (I used zucchini, onions, and spinach)
– 2-4 tablespoons shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
– 1 tablespoon hummus
– 1 tablespoon salsa
1. Sauté veggies in olive oil over medium heat until tender, set aside.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs, water, and seasoning until eggs are broken up and have air incorporated in them.
3. With pan sprayed with cooking spray and on medium-low heat, add egg mixture. Move eggs around with a spatula until it starts to firm up.
4. Allow running parts of the egg to meet the bottom of the omelette by lifting the outer edges with your spatula and tilting the pan so the runny part can meet the spatula.
5. Spread cheese onto egg, followed by the veggies and spinach.
6. Fold the omelette over and slide onto your plate.
7. Top with hummus, salsa, and slices of avocado. And if you’re like me who loves heat, add some sriracha 🙂
What’s your favorite meal you don’t mind having any time of the day?