To make my day complete, I need at least one serving of my oats 🙂
I don’t care what form they come in – overnight, baked, stovetop, or microwaved. Just as long as I can sit down and relax with my little bowl full of flavorful fiber.
These bowl of oats is of course healthy, but there’s a bonus! It’s got the richness of chocolate and just the right amount of chai flavor.
Anything that’s chocolatey, healthy, and filling for breakfast is a winner to me.
Chocolate Chai Oatmeal
– 1 chai teabag
– 1/2 cup boiling water
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1 banana
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Boil water and steep tea bag for at least 10 minutes (the longer, the better).
2. In a small bowl, mash banana (if not ripe, microwave banana for 30 seconds to make it more ‘mushy’).
3. In a saucepan, bring milk and tea to a boil with the teabag discarded. Turn heat to medium-low, then add the oats and stir.
4. Add mashed banana, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and vanilla to saucepan and stir well.
5. Once the consistency is the way you like, transfer it to a bowl and top it with whatever your heart desires!