While vacationing – my family makes sure that the food and drinks are always plentiful. Although I stay as active as I can when I’m away from home, I try not to stress what I’m eating and just focus on enjoying my time off and relaxing.
Now that I’m home, it’s back to reality and also time to get back on track with a healthy, balanced diet.
Smoothie bowls are so refreshing and easy to make; definitely one of my favorite things for the summertime.
This one I made today includes strawberries, bananas, and peaches, but you can use any type of fruit that you have on hand!
Strawberry Banana & Peach Smoothie Bowl
– 1 pre-sliced frozen banana
– 4 whole frozen strawberries
– 1/2 peach
– 1 tablespoon flax chia blend
– 1/4 cup almond milk
– 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
– Drizzle of honey
– Extra fruit for topping
1. Combine first 5 ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add more milk to make it a consistency you like.
2. Pour smoothie out into a bowl, then top with Greek yogurt, honey, and more fruit!
* You can omit the flax chia blend if you do not have any. I add it for nutritional purposes and it also helps to thicken the smoothie 🙂
What are your eating habits like when you go on vacations? Do they stay the same as they usually are or do you treat yourself?