I may.. be… addicted.But it’s ok! There’s far worse things to be concerned about, right?
Baked oatmeal takes time – not the preparation part – the waiting part. When I wake up, there’s one thing on my mind: my stomach is telling me to EAT, nowww. So I politely listen and do as it tells me. If I didn’t, my morning would be so incomplete.
Every once in awhile though I suck it up and make a yummy dish of baked oatmeal. It’s quite a treat, so the wait is totally worth it!
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Recipe slightly adapted from Vegtastic
– 2 cups uncooked rolled oats
– 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
– 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– salt, to taste (1/4 – 1/2 tsp)
– 2 cups almond milk or other milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 teaspoon oil
– 1 tablespoon ground flax, mixed in 3 tablespoon warm water
– 1/3 cup raisins
– Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine oats, sugar, apple, cinnamon, pecans, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add milk, vanilla, and oil: stir to combine.
4. Stir in flax mixture and then mix in the raisins.
5. Pour into a greased 8″ x 8″ pan. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until mixture is set.
Served with a big mug of hot coffee and you’ll be kicking your morning off perfectly!