Are you tired of reaching for countless spice jars while cooking, just hoping for a revelation in finding a new and exciting flavor combination?
Wow, what a pitch that just was. I promise this isn’t an infomercial.
Anyways, I always used to go for the same spices that I knew would create good flavor – and they never disappointed! But I wanted a change. A new spice combo that could work with many dishes and give the food a new dimension in flavor.
Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce:
If you haven’t tried or even heard of Emeril’s Essence, please get off your tush and mix this seasoning together! The ingredient list is composed of many spices that you should already have – so it’s super easy to throw it all into a jar and start using it on, well, maybe, EVERYTHING. Atleast that’s what I do 🙂
Emeril’s Essence Seasoning
Recipe slightly adapted from Food Network
Makes 2/3 cup
– 2 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
– 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
– 2 tablespoons garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon black pepper
– 1 tablespoon onion powder
– 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
– 1 tablespoon dried oregano
– 1 tablespoon dried thyme
– 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1. Mix all ingredients into any spice jar you have on hand that is atleast 6.75 oz. Put the cap on the jar and shake it up to distribute all of the spices.
* I did put my own twist on the ingredients: I used smoked paprika instead of regular, I used seasoned salt instead of regular salt, and I added the crushed red pepper. Feel free to add any kind of spice that is your favorite on its own – using flavors you love guarantee a good spice mix 🙂
My favorite things to make with this seasoning ranges from chicken to sautéing veggies. I also love it on eggs and even sprinkling a little bit on a grilled cheese! ❤
Hope you all enjoy,