When it comes to oatmeal, I normally opt for a warm serving. On occasion I’ll leave exceptions for when I’m really craving overnight oats. What’s great is that you can either have them cold from the fridge or warmed from the microwave!
Another added bonus is that it’s a great grab and go breakfast for those early, busy mornings. Everything is prepared the night before, so the morning is left with no time spent on fixing these scrumptious oats.
Making your own batch of overnight oatmeal is so easy and versatile. You can mix and match any flavor you want and swop/add any ingredient you like. This recipe is pretty simple and a no fail go-to I always lean on.
Blueberry Banana Overnight Oatmeal
– 1/4 cup rolled oats
– 1 tsp chia seed
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1/4 tsp vanilla
– 1/4 banana, cut into small slices
– 1/4-1/2 cup blueberries (I cut mine in half)
– a few drops of stevia
1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or container that has a sealable lid.
2. Cover with lid and shake until combined.
3. Store in the refrigerator overnight (at least a minimum of 3 hours).
4. Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!
* I topped mine with more banana slices, a dollop of Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and honey 🙂
* Can double recipe if 1/4 cup oats is not filling enough for you