Unfortunately, the day finally came when the last of my Pecan Pie Larabars made its way into some anonymous happy stomach.
Back in the day of growing up and learning chores, we had a rule that when someone finished the last of something – whether it be the homemade Kool-Aid, toilet paper, or what have you – that person was responsible for replacing it.
Some days were better than others.
That little rule certainly lost its touch because when i went for a larabar, they were gone! And guess who got to replace them?
Reluctantly but very willingly, I took the initiative 🙂
— DISCLAIMER —
This new batch almost, just almost sent me to heaven. I couldn’t believe how delicious and perfect they tasted, I was pretty pumped about them 🙂 One bite and a moment later I was in blueberry crisp paradise with no other care in the world. You would be crazy if you weren’t the slightest bit intrigued and curious over these little blueberry ball wonders.
Nutty Blueberry Energy Balls
Yield 10 balls
– 1/2 cup pitted dates
– 1/4 cup dried blueberries
– 1/2 cup mixture of raw whole almonds and pecans
– pinch of salt
– 2 tbsp PB2
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– splash of water
1. Add dates and blueberries to a food processor and pulse until they are broken up and slightly pasty.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except the water and pulse until the mixture forms a dough ball. If mixture is still crumbly and won’t stick together when pinched by finger and thumb, continue to process while adding small amounts of water until the dough has formed.
3. Turn the mixture out onto wax paper. Shape into either balls or bars, whichever way you want to enjoy!
*Can be stored in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
These balls are such a healthy snack and are great in kicking that mid-afternoon slump to the curb.
Happy Sunday and enjoy!