ATTENTION ALL COFFEE LOVERS
Who all plans their morning around coffee – making sure to have it either before, during, or after breakfast?
There’s no rule that says you have to enjoy your cup of joe by itself, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?
That’s exactly what I did and not only did it leave me full and satisfied, but I got my caffein kick and was ready to start my day without lugging around a mug of coffee.
Coconut Mocha Oatmeal
– 1 cup milk of choice or water
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 banana, mashed
– 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules (or 1 tsp if you like strong coffee)
– 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
– 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
– pinch of salt
– dash of stevia
– 1 tbsp. coconut butter
1. Bring milk to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
2. Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add mashed banana and mix.
3. Add in instant coffee granules, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir.
4. Do a taste test and make sure oatmeal is at the level of sweetness you prefer – if it is not, add stevia at this time.
5. Once the oatmeal has reached the consistency you prefer, transfer to a bowl.
6. Swirl in coconut butter, top with shredded coconut, and some milk as the coffee’s creamer 🙂
* The banana is used as a natural sweetener, if you do not care to use a banana: honey, maple syrup, or any sweetener of choice may be substituted.
Hope you all enjoy!