My bowl of oats took on a more tropical role this morning.
I’ve been dreaming of the beach lately and am trying to cope with knowing I’m not able to visit my beloved sand and water this summer – this breakfast helped out with that for about 20 minutes 😉
Each bite was packed full with natural sweetness and the tropical essence of the coconut and peaches.
The secret to fully enjoying this oatmeal for me was putting on seascape music, setting up my gravity chair on my back deck, and taking in the morning sun – pure relaxation, let me tell you 😉
Coconut Peach Oatmeal
– 1 cup coconut milk, or original almond milk or water
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 mashed banana
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of salt
– 1 tbsp. coconut butter
– 1/4-1/3 cup diced peaches
– 1-2 tbsp. shredded coconut
1. Bring milk to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
2. Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add mashed banana and mix.
3. Add vanilla extract, salt, and coconut butter. Stir.
4. Add peaches and coconut (reserving a little of both for topping the oatmeal) and mix to incorporate.
5. Once the oatmeal has reached the consistency you prefer, transfer to a bowl. Top with remaining peaches, coconut, and a drizzle of honey!