Baked oatmeal is a treat to me. I don’t make it often, but when I do, I make sure to savor each bite 🙂
It’s certainly not a meal that is just for breakfast. In fact, if they aren’t for breakfast, then they either turn into my lunch or dinner. I make sure to have at least one serving each day; for no specific reason really.. I just love them that much and can’t imagine me ever getting sick of it!
Yesterday, my family went out for a late lunch. I had a bowl of soup and huge sandwich which filled me up and put me into a coma until about 8pm. I certainly wasn’t hungry, but new I had to eat something (I hate skipping meals, I know my body needs the calories so I stay pretty regimented when it comes to grub time 😉 )
This baked oatmeal was the perfect ‘meal’/snack. Oatmeal always does a good job with filling me up and keeping my tummy satisfied.
Strawberry Peach Baked Oatmeal
– 1/3 cup almond milk
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 3 sliced peaches, cut into small chunks
– 1-2 large strawberries, cut into small chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a single-serving 8 oz ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients until well combined.
3. Add fruit to mixture and pour into the prepared ramekin. Top with additional strawberries.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.