You have to a make a choice between a huge, fat, freshly baked muffin or a bowl of plain instant oatmeal with an ungodly amount of brown sugar for ‘added flavor’ – which will you go for?For me it’d be obvious – who wouldn’t go for the muffin!? I could go muffin crazy if I ever were to lose my senses; they’re so good, moist, and a treat that’s so hard for me to turn down.But what if those two options came together: still offering that irresistible taste but far more healthier and wholesome..
But my loves, oatmeal doesn’t have to be plain and dreadful? I believe it’s the furthest thing from being bland, and this bowl of oats I had this morning is a true testimony to that 🙂
Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal
– 1 cup almond milk, or a 50/50 of milk and water
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 mashed banana
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– pinch of salt
– handful of fresh blueberries
– blueberry compote
Almond Streusel Topping:
– 1 tsp brown sugar
– 2 tbsp. granola
– 1 tbsp. toasted and chopped almonds
1. Bring milk to a boil in a sauce pan, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
2. Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add mashed banana and mix.
3. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir.
4. Add fresh blueberries and allow oatmeal to reach your preferred consistency, then transfer to a bowl.
5. Top with blueberry compote and streusel topping!