This morning, I was yearning for a slice of freshly baked banana bread, just out of the toaster for added crunch and drizzled with honey. To my dismay that was an obvious discovery, my kitchen had no supply of my naner bread – just all of the ingredients to make it.
Instead of baking bread, I thought I better. Make oatmeal to duplicate banana bread! Ding-ding, we have a winner! And you bet it paired perfectly with my early morning wedding planning 😉
Blueberry Banana Bread Oatmeal
– 1 cup milk of choice or water
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1 mashed banana
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– pinch of salt
– fresh blueberries for topping
1. Bring milk to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
2. Microwave the mashed banana for 30 seconds to bring out the natural sugars.
3. Add banana to the oats and mix. Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon. Stir.
4. Once the oatmeal has reached the consistency you prefer, transfer to a bowl.
5. Top with fresh blueberries and a drizzle of honey.