This weekend’s weather has been so off and on with sun and rain. This morning, the sky is filled with grey clouds and that wonderful intermittent rain.
I swear the rain knows my intensions of wanting to run in decent weather. Just when I think the rain is done and will hold off, I put my shoes and heart rate monitor on, and down it starts pouring again. It’s just such a wonderful occurrence 😉
Outside may be gloomy, but that doesn’t mean breakfast has to be! This bowl of overnight oatmeal is so refreshing and filled with sweet, delicious nectarines I picked up over the weekend.
Sweet Nectarine Overnight Oatmeal
– 1/4 cup rolled oats
– 1 tsp chia seed
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– A few drops of stevia sweetener
– 1/3 diced banana
– 1/2 diced nectarine
1. In a mason jar or container that has a sealable lid, combine first 3 ingredients and incorporate. Add in remaining ingredients.
2. Cover with lid and shake until combined.
3. Store in the refrigerator overnight (at least a minimum of 3 hours).
4. In the morning, top with slices from other half of nectarine. Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!
* Can double recipe if 1/4 cup oats is not filling enough for you