There’s nothing like fixing an easy meal that offers you the essentials: great protein mixed in with a combo of fruit and veggies.
When transforming your habits to better ones and trying to choose healthier options for your meals, it can be so overwhelming! It may be hard to see past the only option you can think of: baked chicken, sweet potato and broccoli. Which don’t get me wrong, i personally love a simple dinner like that every now and then BUT healthy eating doesn’t mean you only have one option for a clean and well balanced meal!
This chicken salad was made with simple, clean ingredients where you won’t find any of the unnecessary additives and oils that are found in regular or store bought chicken salad. I’m all about making my own things in the kitchen – that way, I know what went into them and the amount of each ingredient is then controlled. Moderation peeps, it’s a great thing ❤
21 Day Fix Approved Chicken Salad:
- 8-10 oz chicken breast (I used one decent sized chicken breast, all natural, hormone free)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup non-fat, plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 – 1 cup red grapes, cut in half (the amount of grapes is up to you, I may have used 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fully cook your chicken: you can boil or cook on stove top. Once cooked, set aside on a plate and allow to cool and the juices to stay inside the breast
- In a bowl, combine Greek Yogurt (starting with 1/3 cup and add more if necessary), dijon mustard, lemon juice, celery, onions, grapes and seasoning.
- Once chicken has cooled, chop up in nice bite sized pieces and add to Greek yogurt mixture.
- Mix well to combine all ingredients. If you need to add more yogurt to achieve proper consistency you’re looking for, do so now.
- Refrigerate for atleast an hour to allow flavors to set in. Before serving, taste test salad to check if seasoning needs adjusted, but be mindful on the amount salt! 🙂
Container break down:
1 serving = 1 FULL red, 1/2 green, 1/2 purple