A soft little pillow of deliciousness that turns simplicity into decadence.
You can make this simple crepe recipe and truly take it however your taste buds please–sweet or savory for breakfast or dinner… or both 😉
For this recipe, with there only being 2 of us, i made half of the crepe recipe to be stuffed with the chicken mixture. Reserving the other half of the crepes for a weekend breakfast treat!
Stuffed Crepes with Chicken, Veggies and Cottage Cheese
Makes 10-12; 2 crepes a serving
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I ONLY add this for when making sweet crepes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted, organic butter, melted
- 2 tbsp of fresh chives
- Cooking spray
Mix all the ingredients in a blender until all combined and batter is smooth. Let sit for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan and generously coat with cooking spray – It is important that the pan is very hot.
Pour 3/4 of a ladle (I use 1/4 cup) of the crepe mixture, or more depending on your pan size, into the pan and spread the mixture to cover the entire pan, by rotating the pan.
- At this time, i sprinkled chives over top of the crepe to add color and flavor.
Leave about 1 to 2 min per side then flip over or until you see the edges of the crepe starting to brown a little bit. Once the crepe is done on one side it will also be able to slide it around and flip it over.
Repeat steps until you’ve prepared all the crepes. *AGAIN, I only made half of these crepes to go towards stuffing them with the chicken mixture, reserving the other half for another time 🙂 *
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, cooled and shredded
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Sauteed vegetables of your choice (I used 1/4 purple onion, 3 sliced baby portabello mushrooms, 5 asparagus spears (chopped) and a handful of shredded spinach)
- 1/3 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Your favorite marinara sauce, store bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup Shredded Italian Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook chicken as preferred or use leftover chicken; shred into a bowl and put aside.
- In a medium skillet, saute garlic and vegetables until translucent.
- Once veggie mixture has cooked and cooled, add to chicken. Add cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasonings to the mixture and combine. *If the mixture looks like it needs a bit more cottage cheese, add another spoonful or so.
- In a 7×11 (or similar) baking dish, coat with cooking spray. Lay your crepe out and place a good spoonful of the mixture onto the middle portion of the crepe (be careful not to over stuff your crepe).
- Gently fold/roll the crepe and place the seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining crepes (I made 6 crepes which fit perfectly into the dish).
- Spread your marinara sauce out onto the top of the rolled crepes (about 1/3 cup). Top with any leftover chopped spinach, shredded Italian cheese and finish with Italian seasoning.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, until crepes are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Feel free to take the foil off and broil the crepes until the cheese starts to bubble and turn slightly brown 🙂
Serve along side with veggies or a nice salad!