Honestly, my crock-pot recipes are quite limited; we rotate between TWO recipes when it comes to the slow cooker😅 hahah sooo i thought it was time to branch out and try something new!!
I’ve never cooked quinoa in the crock-pot before but it was a success!! Joel and I loved this recipe; ok I loved it, Joel kinda went crazy over it 🙂 He’s so sweet and easy to please, i’m so thankful for him!
Crockpot Tex Mex Quinoa Bowl
Recipe slightly adapted from: Delightfulmomfood
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup of dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 15oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 6-8 small red and orange peppers, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 package of mild taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 cups of filtered water
- Plain Greek yogurt, optional for garnish
- Avocado, optional for garnish
- Shredded cheese and cilantro, optional for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey just before it is fully cooked. Set aside.
- In a slow cooker with the heat on low, add dry and rinsed quinoa, beans, can of tomatoes, chopped peppers, onions, diced zucchini, taco seasoning, garlic powder and water. Add turkey and spread around the top, into the water.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Garnish with Greek yogurt, cheese, avocado and cilantro.