Oh there’s nothing like indulging in a good alfredo pasta dish–shrimp alfredo more specifically 💛
Im truly contemplating even sharing this with you but, I’ll be brief😉 ➡️ The last time i’ve had any kind of alfredo (I’m talking the rich, creamy, extra cushion around the waist and makes you wanna sleep, alfredo) was when my body couldn’t process and digest any kind of food at all. Thus, alfredo was a no no for me or I’d be paying for it, royally.
So as I learned how to feed my body the right AND clean way ..this recipe came about and I don’t ever see the need to go back to the other stuff ever again🙌🏼✌🏼
– Your choice in pasta, or even spaghetti squash!
– 1 green onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
– 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese (skim)
– 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
– 1/4 t loosely packed lemon zest (Optional, but a good idea. Trust me.)
– 4 T milk
– Pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
– Red pepper flakes to taste, optional (we like some heat☺️)
– Pre cooked, deveined pre shelled shrimp
– veggies of choice (asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc)
– Parsley to garnish
1. Start with a boiling pot of water then add pasta of choice (we had gluten free spaghetti) and cook according to package directions
2. Meanwhile, Over medium heat, sautée onions until tender, add garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add all ingredients, from cottage cheese to seasoning, to a small saucepan over super low heat. Heat, stirring constantly, until warmed through and cheese has melted. You’re not trying to melt the cottage cheese; just the Parm. (Be extra careful not to scold the cottage cheese, if heat is too high, the mixture will separate)
4. Carefully transfer to blender and blend until smooth.
5. Transfer blended sauce back to pan. Add cooked noodles into sauce pan using a spider strainer (pasta water can be used to thin the sauce if need be)
6. Add in shrimp and veggies. Season more if needed and garnish with parsley.